Google
 

Monday, October 22, 2007

Ultramarathon Man


I recently read the absoloutely wonderful and inspiring Ultramarathon Man

First of all I must say that out of all the reasons one can admire Dean Karnazes, I only admire him for one reason: because of his single minded focus and dedication to getting across the finish line.

I am not a fan of his diet: A large chunk of it is junk food, refined sugars and stuff that one shouldn't put in his body when sitting on a couch let alone running a marathon.
Whereas I like deep introspective people he is not that deep: For most of the book, he has no idea why he does what he does.
He likes pain a little too much: If it doesn't hurt like hell it isn't worth it, he would say.

All this is superseded however by his maniacal, obsessive, single-minded focus to either get across the finish line or pass out trying. Respect. 5 out of 5 stars because everyone must read this book to blow away all preconceived limitations you may have.